Friday, October 24, 2014

Relay for the win

On the day of my swimming finals i had to swim three events and they were the 50 free, 50 back, and the all free relay. In my swim finals six swimmers out of 12 for each age group make it in their event and there was never a year that I made it in my last three years on my swim team but this year was my time. Last year I didn't even make it i the top 12 i came in 13 so I needed to get top six. My team continued their pre-game warm ups and got ready for their events. I was waiting in line to swim my backstroke and I was horrified.

I reached the block and the starter said,'swimmers step in the water, take your mark,BEEP!", the button went off as I got a good push off the wall I hit my turn but my feet weren't planted well enough so I slipped off the block and got a bad start but I had a okay second lap but I finished with the time of 45 seconds. It was a good time as I checked meet mobile and I finished in top six and I was cheering as I did still have to make it in the free.

I was ready to swim the free as I looked around and saw my opponents the announcer said once again,'swimmers step up,take your mark,BEEP!, I took off and felt like I was having a incredible race as I hit my turn I kept swimming and finished and I was seeded to get eight in this but I made it and I got the time of 35 seconds as I happily made it and cheered for my self as I finished six in each event.

The next day erose and today was less important but I still had to swim great. Quickly before I knew it I hopped in the water and once more the starter said GOOOO! and I dropped another second in the back and I had an even better swim then yesterday as I stood on top of the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th. And I did the same with the free and now was my time to swim the free and I was very nervous but when the announcer go the people in my relay went and it was my turn to go as I was very nervous I got a 36 and gained a second but my team in finals came in second overall but I was happy with my performance and I swam great.

No comments:

Post a Comment